Re: Add HYPRE check in NavierStokesSolver.cpp. If HYPRE has not been linked with PETSc, a warning is printed and the default GMRES solver is used for the continuity equation. [...]

Discussion of DOLFIN development <dolfin-dev@xxxxxxxxxx> schrieb am 28.10.05 16:03:09:

> Quoting "Robert C. Kirby" <kirby@xxxxxxxxxxxx>:
>
> > I'm skeptical about this approach of requiring HYPRE --
> > it tends to violate the spirit of PETSc.
> > The point of PETSc is that everything can be run from the command line
> > (or a shell script that has all the options).  Somebody might refuse to
> > download HYPRE because they won't register (I can't imagine anybody
> > with that attitude, but I've heard they exist) or because they have
> > something
> > better or whatever.
> >
> > Perhaps a nicer thing to do is have a script that checks for HYPRE
> > and runs DOLFIN
> > accordingly, or else does some default thing.
>
> I agree, and this is how it works. It will still compile and run if you don't
> have HYPRE, but'll you'll be warned that that the solver will be slow.
>
> Garth

I agree too.
It needs to by possible to compile witout HYPRE.
But if a warning is printed that the 'slow' GMRES solver is used everything is ok.

/Haiko