Re: Added Functional class in DOLFIN. Working on FFC (format/dolfin.py) to automatically generate this class.

Should the interface be something like

    virtual void eval(real& value, const AffineMap& map) const;

or just

    virtual real eval(const AffineMap& map) const;

since we just want to compute one value on each element and then sum
the values to obtain the value of the functional?

And there is no need for a FiniteElement?

There are two different options also for the assemble() function that
we need to add to FEM. Either

    static void assemble(Functional& M, real& value, Mesh& mesh);

or
    static real assemble(Functional& M, Mesh& mesh);

/Anders