Re: Preconditioner

On Tue, Dec 06, 2005 at 07:38:14PM +0100, Garth N. Wells wrote:
> I've had a look at Preconditioner.h and Preconditioner.cpp to try to transfer
> precondtioner stuff in KrylovSolver to Preconditioner. The code in
> Preconditioner.cpp is pretty cryptic though. Is it possible to simply it?
>
> Garth

Good idea. It should be possibly to simply move everything from
KrylovSolver and put it as a function/member of Preconditioner.

The only issue is as Anders describes, that there are two
"preconditioner databases", one in PETSc and one consisting of
preconditioners defined using the DOLFIN interface. Maybe the enum
solution would unify this? Then there would be only one database
(DOLFIN's), which could have either PETSc or DOLFIN preconditioners in
it.

I've cleaned up the Preconditioner implementation a bit, I hope it's
easier to follow now. This is the reference I've used now (before I
had some other reference/example code which was much more detailed):

http://www-unix.mcs.anl.gov/petsc/petsc-as/snapshots/petsc-current/src/ksp/pc/impls/jacobi/jacobi.c.html#PCJacobi