Re: Move mesh demo to VTK format from OpenDX. [...]

On Thu, Dec 08, 2005 at 06:26:10PM +0100, Garth N. Wells wrote:
> On Thu, 2005-12-08 at 11:20 -0600, Anders Logg wrote:
> > On Thu, Dec 08, 2005 at 06:15:55PM +0100, Garth N. Wells wrote:
> >
> > > I've half fixed it (++mesh was missing). Now the first and the last are written.
> >
> > What about the others?
> >

> The problem seems to related to the hierarchy of meshes and keeping
> track of how many times they have been output.
>
> Garth

The MFile format uses the variable no_meshes (in GenericFile) to keep
track of the number of meshes. Maybe keeping track of the number of
objects save to a file should be something that only the file knows
about? The mesh doesn't care how many times it's been saved to a file.
Perhaps it's been stored to different files and then it doesn't make
sense.

We should probably remove operator++ from the class Variable.

There is also the possibility of looking at the name of a Variable
when writing it to file.