Re: Dense matrices

On Mar 30, 2006, at 11:54 AM, Garth N. Wells wrote:

On Wed, 2006-03-29 at 15:16 -0600, Robert C. Kirby wrote:
If we need a dense matrix and PETSc is not enough, I think the most
natural would be to create a class DenseMatrix that could wrap Blitz++
or something else.

I would hesitate to create a blitz dependency.  I've had portability
issues (like it doesn't work on intel compilers, the native g++ on
apple barfs)

Thanks for the tip Rob. Do you have any experience with boost?

Ask Matt -- Boost is very full-featured and powerful. However, it has a nonstandard installation procedure that I've never mastered (but neither have I worked very hard at it)