Re: Re: compile error

> On Sun, 2006-04-09 at 19:48 -0500, Steven Frankel wrote:
>> Hi.  I am new to fenics.  I just downloaded and installed it in the
>> last
>> few days.  I am having a problem compiling the Poisson test case for
>> dolfin (error
>> message below).  Something related to the c++ compiler perhaps?
>
> This is a gcc 3.3 issue with anonymous classes. The DOLFIN demos have
> been modified to avoid this error, see
> http://www.fenics.org/pipermail/dolfin-dev/2006-March/002215.html. If
> you grab DOLFIN 0.6.1, it should work.
>
>> Also, can you point me to a good reference for the navier-stokes
>> solver in dolfin and also some details on the LES capabilities - the
>> manual did not have any information on this.  Thanks.
>>

> Johan Hoffman is the person to help you out here.

The Navier-Stokes solver is the cG(1)cG(1) method (piecewise linear finite
elements in space and time) described for example in:
http://www.csc.kth.se/~jhoffman/archive/papers/sp.pdf

In this reference you can also find information about the relation to LES.

It will be material in the manual about this as soon as I find the time.

Basically, the solver should work fine for Re>10, including the case of
turbulent flow.

/Johan