Config problem on MacOSX

Hello

I have been trying to install dolfin (and the rest) on my MacOSX 10.4 machine. Everything else seems to work - including compiling and installing mpich and petsc - but when running configure for dolfin I get this: [all goes well, until] checking for configarch... yes
make: *** No rule to make target `getincludedirs'.  Stop.
make: *** No rule to make target `getlinklibs'.  Stop.
checking for mpirun... yes
./configure: line 20136: test: too many arguments
checking for xml2-config... yes
configure: creating ./config.status
config.status: creating Makefile
sed: file ./confstatYgt62D/subs-3.sed line 27: unterminated `s' command
config.status: creating src/Makefile
sed: file ./confstatYgt62D/subs-3.sed line 27: unterminated `s' command
config.status: creating src/pre/Makefile
sed: file ./confstatYgt62D/subs-3.sed line 27: unterminated `s' command
[these go on for quite a bit after which configure claims success]

As a result I end up with an empty makefile. At first I was using the standard sed and make versions from Apple, but changed them to the GNU versions as I found a fix for a similar problem on the net saying, that this should help. However, only the type of sed error changed from "unescaped newline" to the one you see above.

I would greatly appreciate any thoughts or help you can provide.

Regards,
Pertti Palo
Institute of Mathematics
Helsinki University of Technology