VTK and discontinuous elements

Hi all,

Am I right to conclude that Paraview will fail to produce a sensible
visualization of a function on a discontinuous Lagrange element of order >
0? I guess this has to do with how the degrees of freedom are placed on
such an element. Anyway, it's not very important for me to do these
visualizations - but if someone has a neat way to do it I would be glad to
hear.

By the way, is there a particular reason for only supporting tetrahedral
cells in the OpenDX output format? If not, I might get around to extending
to triangles (since I really like DX).

Best regards,
Dag Lindbo

Follow ups