Re: More on pkg-config

Anders Logg wrote:
> No particular reason. There are two other options:
>
>   1. Don't specify CXX explicitly in the Makefile so it defaults
>      to the standard compiler

We should be able to choose the compiler. There are a bunch of reasons
why one might want something other than the default compiler.

>   2. Add a flag --variable=compiler to dolfin.pc and use the compiler
>      that was used to compile DOLFIN

Seems ok to me.

> Any suggestions?
>
> What about the linker? Do we need libtool? Or can we just use CXX for
> that as well?

Looks like libtool is no longer required because the location of the
libraries has been added to LD_LIBRARY_PATH, so I guess we can get rid
of it.

Garth