Re: New build system

OK, so effectively there will be a temporary build system branch. Could
this be placed on fenics.org so that we can follow it?

Also, what time frame are we looking at?

Garth

Anders Logg wrote:
> I don't think there will be a problem. The new build of DOLFIN will be
> developed separately and we will all get a chance to try it out before
> making the move.
>
> /Anders
>

> On Thu, Nov 16, 2006 at 12:47:13PM +0100, Garth N. Wells wrote:
>> I'm all for a new build system. I like radical changes :).
>>
>> I would prefer to make a temporary branch "dolfin-build" since we don't
>> know for sure how long it will take. I don't want a broken build system
>> to stop developments in the DOLFIN kernel.
>>
>> Garth
>>

>> Anders Logg wrote:

>>> Sounds good.
>>>
>>> The switch to the new build system is not immediate. It will take some
>>> time to put things together and convert the current build system for DOLFIN.

>>> Testing. Please try out all the demos, benchmarks, unit test etc.
>>> Then we can make a release of DOLFIN + FFC (+FIAT?).
>>>
>>> /Anders

Dr. Garth N. Wells
Faculty of Civil Engineering and Geosciences
Delft University of Technology
Stevinweg 1
2628 CN Delft
Netherlands