Re: dolfin-convert: bug with conversion from gmsh?

On Sat, Dec 02, 2006 at 05:53:59AM +0100, angelo simone wrote:
> Hi again,
>
> I read the manual... so, here is the patch. To convert a Gmsh mesh one
> must add an extra option to define the element type:
>
> dolfin-convert -i gmsh -o xml  -e <el_type> mesh.msh mesh.xml
>
> where <el_type> is either "tria" for triangles or "tet" for tetrahedra.
> Dolfin-convert will complain if one attempts to convert a Gmsh mesh
> without the -e option. The patch has been tested with triangular meshes
> but is should work fine with tetraheda as well.
>
> angelo

As Garth points out, the element type should not be needed. But the
problem remains that dolfin-convert generates xml-files in the old
format.

Could you create a new patch (not including -e <el_type>)?

Either submit a standard patch file or (even better) an hg bundle.
This is not yet in the manual:

   hg bundle dolfin-simone-2006-12-02.hg http://www.fenics.org/hg/dolfin

Then post the .hg file.

Before creating the bundle, put the following in your ~/.hgrc:

[ui]
username = "You Name <your@email.address>"

Another bundle/patch that adds this to the user manual would also be
useful. :-)