Re: Parallel Petsc with Dolfin

We're working on parallel assembly and solution at the moment. It will use PETSc, and should in place in the not too distant future.

I just fixed the test program src/test/passembly/main.cpp in the development version. It should compile now. It is very much a test program, so it's pretty rough.

If you have any further questions, dolfin-dev@xxxxxxxxxx is the best place to ask.

Garth

Michael Ulbrich wrote:
Hi,

I have a question concerning fenics/dolfin:

You write on the dolfin homepage that it can use parallel
linear algebra via PETSc.
I compiled dolfin with petsc und mpi enabled, but,
unfortunately, I am not able to run, e.g.,

src/demo/solvers/elasticity-updated/dolfin-elasticity-updated

with parallel performance. If I run it with (I use mpich
from the petsc externalpackages directory)

mpiexec -n 4 ./dolfin-elasticity-updated

it is started four times, but does not seem to do parallel
linear algebra. It just seems to compute four times the same.
Am I doing something wrong or is parallel PETSc not yet supported?

I also tried passembly, but got a compiler error message
that a.update(map) is not available.

Thanks and best regards,

Michael

Prof. Dr. Michael Ulbrich