Re: [HG dolfin] Mesh:

Johan Jansson wrote:
On Mon, Jan 08, 2007 at 12:53:57PM +0100, Garth N. Wells wrote:
I see that the original predicate code is released under LGPL, but

   // Licensed under the GNU GPL Version 2.

has been added at the top of GeometricPredicates.h. Is this an issue?

No, this is not an issue. LGPL material can be relicensed as GPL by
anyone.

OK, I thought that it probably worked something like this.

Also, the line

   // Copyright (C) 2006 Jonathan Richard Shewchuk, Johan Jansson.

is GeometricPredicates.cpp is ambiguous. Has the code been modified much?

Yes, you're right. It's me being unsure of the convention. It should
be:

// Copyright (C) 1999 Jonathan Richard Shewchuk
//
// Modified by Johan Jansson 2006.

Looks good.

Garth

The modifications are quite limited (compiler issues, wrapping).

Formally it doesn't matter though, since if you write something you
have copyright to it, regardless if you write a copyright statement or
not. But it's good that we have a convention for tracking authors.