Re: DG

Yes, look at the demo in src/demo/pde/dg/. (It contained some test
code before that I just removed.)

Yes, you can take the avg() and jump() of an arbitrary function (but
there may be some limitations that I can't recall right now).

It currently only works in 2D. In 3D, it only works in principle but
not in practice... :-)

What is currently holding us back from getting everything in place is

    (1) Decide on a numbering scheme for the mesh and write this down
        firmly in the manual

    (2) Implement this in FFC and DOLFIN

    (3) Porting FFC to generate UFC code

/Anders