Undefined symbols when compiled with umfpack using external BLAS

Hello fellow dolfins,

I compiled dolfin 0.6.4 (successfully) using the umfpack package supplied by
debian/sid which does not come with its own BLAS. When testing pydolfin with
"python -i meshdemo.py", it gives this traceback:

<quote>
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "meshdemo.py", line 1, in ?
    from dolfin import *
  File "/home/test/dolfin/lib/python2.4/site-packages/dolfin/__init__.py", line
3, in ?
    from dolfin import *
  File "/home/test/dolfin/lib/python2.4/site-packages/dolfin/dolfin.py", line 7,
in ?
    import _dolfin
ImportError: /usr/lib/libumfpack.so.1: undefined symbol: dscal_
</quote>

It appears dscal from BLAS routines which is required by umfpack was some how
not linked/imported. I did have ATLAS installed.

The same problem occurred when compiling the c++ examples but it can be worked
around by adding the required flags "-L/usr/lib/atlas/sse2 -lblas" to link
explicitly against ALTAS.

I beg your pardon if this is not really a dolfin problem (I don't know whether
dolfin should do the import or not) but I would be grateful for your help.

Regards,
ST