Re: dolfin-fsi

Anders Logg wrote:

> It sounds like current DOLFIN + quality assurance, which sounds very
> reasonable but also very ambitious.
>
> But what makes it confusing is that it seems to be a mix of
> "dolfin-qa" and "arbitrary work on a subset of the modules".
>
> How about instead creating "mini releases" as often as needed
> (whenever you make a snapshot of the development tree and verify that
> it passes all the tests you require for it to be pulled onto the
> dolfin-fsi tree)?
>
> We could name these releases
>
>     dolfin-x.y.z-n.tar.gz
>
> or
>
>     dolfin-x.y.{z+1}-rcn.tar.gz
>
> Then these snapshots could be really useful to everyone.
>
> But if the goal is less ambitious (to have a repository that is
> tailored to your specific development model at KTH + eventually anyone
> else who might be interested) then I have no opinions about the
> repository.
>
> /Anders

Yes, I also thought that what we're doing (or need) is essentially the
same thing as much more frequent releases. I think we should aim for this
model in the near future, it would work well with a split off
dolfin-modules.

For now, let's just see how dolfin-fsi works out though. "work on modules"
depends on "dolfin-qa" so I don't find that strange. It's not arbitrary
work, all public module work should happen in dolfin-fsi. But it's just
natural that since we at KTH have pushed for this, that we also "eat our
own dog food" and show by example how the system should work.