Re: matrix factory

On Thu, Apr 05, 2007 at 11:09:21AM +0200, Garth N. Wells wrote:
> What's the point of the code in src/kernel/mf?
>
> Garth

The idea is to have a collection of common matrices that can be
created in one line:

  MassMatrix M(mesh);
  StiffnessMatrix A(mesh);

We could also consider having a collection of predefined and
precompiled forms as well as precompiled elements.

Do we want to have the predefined matrices and/or predefined forms?

Predefined elements will definitely be useful when reading functions
from file. The XML file can contain a string specifying the finite
element (corresponding to the previous FiniteElementSpec) and for a
set of such strings we provide a collection of precompiled elements.

We could have a simple Python script that generates the code for the
cases we want to include. The downside of this is that it increases
compile time of DOLFIN (if we want to have many such forms).