Re: SWIG and Python 2.5

On Thu, Apr 26, 2007 at 04:57:43PM +0200, Anders Logg wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 26, 2007 at 02:23:21PM +0200, Ola Skavhaug wrote:
> > Anders Logg skrev den 26/04-2007 følgende:
> > > Does anyone have a good solution to building SWIG Python wrappers for
> > > Python 2.5?
> > >
> > > When building PyDOLFIN, one gets the following error:
> > >
> > > dolfin_wrap.cpp: In function 'int SWIG_Python_ConvertFunctionPtr(PyObject*, void**, swig_type_info*)':
> > > dolfin_wrap.cpp:2052: error: invalid conversion from 'const char*' to 'char*'
> >
> > See
> > https://svn.enthought.com/enthought/ticket/989
> >
> > SWIG from subversion should have this issue covered.
> >
> > Ola
>
> ok, great. So we just need to wait for a new SWIG version.
>
> /Anders

This turned out to be entirely my own fault. I was using an old local
install of SWIG (compiled a while back when the Ubuntu version was
trailing the upstream version). Removing that one and just apt-get
install swig from Ubuntu (feisty) solved the problem.

So PyDOLFIN (including plotting, viper etc) works with Feisty/Python 2.5.

(I think Matt already stated before that it worked for him, so the big
news here is that it now also works for me... :-)