Re: projections onto different meshes

> Johan H., Johan J.,
>
> Could you add a demo for the projection of a function onto different
> meshes? I'd really like to see how it works.
>
> Garth

Hi!

There is such a demo in:

src/demo/fem/nonmatching

also in:

src/demo/pydolfin/projection/verification
src/demo/pydolfin/projection/nonmatching-continuous
src/demo/pydolfin/projection/nonmatching-discontinuous

A mesh refinement/coarsening demo exists in:

src/demo/mesh

Note that I haven't tested these demos with the dolfin repository version
for a while, I'll try to do that in the near future. Also note that there
is still a major (but quite simple) optimization left for the projection -
to exploit that we know which cell of the target mesh we are on when
evaluating functions on the source mesh (we only have to search through
the intersecting cells and not the whole mesh). So currently the time
complexity is not very good, but the implementation is robust.