Re: [Viper-dev] Arrow scaling

Anders Logg wrote:
On Mon, May 21, 2007 at 02:47:45PM +0200, Ola Skavhaug wrote:
Anders Logg skrev den 18/05-2007 følgende:
Can something be done about choosing a reasonable scaling for arrows
in vector plots? How about setting the maximum length to something
like

    D / num_vertices^(1/d)

where D is the diameter of the domain, and d is the space dimension?

Take a look as the DOLFIN demo in src/demo/pde/mixed-poisson and you
will see what I mean... :-)
The test doesn't run:
  Using direct solver.
  *** Warning: UMFPACK must be installed to peform a LU solve for uBlas
matrices. A Krylov iterative solver will be used instead.
  Solving linear system of size 2112 x 2112 (uBlas Krylov solver).
terminate called after throwing an instance of 'std::runtime_error'
  what():  *** Error: Zero pivot detected in uBlas ILU preconditioner in row
1600.
Aborted (core dumped)

I have libufsparse (and dev package) installed, and I need these because of
octave2.9. libumfpack conflicts with libufsparse. What is the solution?

Ola

I don't have a good solution to the libufsparse/libumfpack problem.
Anyone else?

There is a bug in the Debian/Ubuntu libufsparse package (http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/pkgreport.cgi?pkg=libufsparse;dist=unstable). Use libumfpack instead.

The problem is that libufsparse is not linked correctly to BLAS. You need to supply -lblas, etc when compiling DOLFIN. Since this is a libufsparse problem, I didn't want to add a test for BLAS to the DOLFIN configure process.

Garth

I've attached the solution (sigma.xml.gz). Let's see if it goes
through or it's too large for the mailing list (21K).