Re: ufc::dof_map

On Tue, May 29, 2007 at 03:26:48PM +0200, Garth N. Wells wrote:

> Could we restrict the appearance of ufc::dof_map to DofMap, DofMaps and
> UFC, and access the dof map through DofMap/DofMaps only?  ufc::dof_map
> appears in a few other places (DiscreteFunction, SubSystem amongst
> others). For parallel assembly and general optimisation of the assembly,
> the map computed by FFC will need to be modified.
>
> Garth

Yes, the current mix is not optimal.

There are a few things to look out for, but we should be able to
handle them. In particular, when a Function is created from an XML
data file. Then a string in the file corresponds to a particular UFC
dof map, but it needs to correspond to a DofMap. So the file needs to
store which original UFC dof map it is based on and which reordering
is used. Or maybe we can just store the complete map (all the
numbers)?

I'm not sure we'll have time to fix this before the release though.