Re: [HG dolfin] merge.

Anders Logg wrote:
On Wed, May 30, 2007 at 05:48:46PM +0200, Garth N. Wells wrote:

Anders Logg wrote:
On Wed, May 30, 2007 at 05:35:40PM +0200, Garth N. Wells wrote:

[snip]
I don't expect that many new classes/files will be needed (with some luck only one for the mesh, perhaps a PAssembler and some tuning of the PETSc wrappers). Also, what is needed is closely related to existing data structures (Mesh, PETScXXX and Assembler). We can add a sub-directory later if we have too many files.

Garth
ok, that sounds good.

Don't we also need one for MeshFunction?

This will be handled by MPIMeshCommunicator. It has member functions

   /// Broadcast MeshFunction to all processes
   void broadcast(const MeshFunction<unsigned int>& mesh_function);

   /// Receive MeshFunction
   void receive(MeshFunction<unsigned int>& mesh_function);

What is required are (protected) member functions belonging to Mesh and MeshFunction which return pointers to the underlying plain arrays which contain the data, and member functions which allow Mesh and MeshFunction<unsigned int> to be initialised using pointers to the underlying plain arrays.

Garth

ok, this sounds like a good plan. Do you want to make this happen
before the release of 0.7.0?

No.

There are a few things left on my TODO list, but most of them involve
cleaning up:

 1. Make sure all demos work
 2. Make sure manual is current (but not necessarily complete)
 3. Same for UFC and FFC
 4. Get mesh partitioning working
 5. Recompile all forms with latest FFC (0.4.0) and UFC (1.0)
 6. Some minor fixes

Anything else?

Sounds good.

Except for updating the manuals, we could have the new release ready
this week.

I expect we need to leave a few things for future releases:

 1. Adaptive mesh refinement/coarsening. What's the status?
 If it's not working, I'll remove the demos for it.

I used the adaptive refinement a week or two ago, and it worked. I'd like to see a projection demo from one mesh to another.

 2. Getting linear algebra, PDEs etc running in PyDOLFIN.

 3. Parallel assembly.

Should we decide on a feature freeze by Friday, so we'll have a few
days to test it compiles etc. before we make the release?

Sure.