Re: libdolfin.so.0

On Mon, Jun 04, 2007 at 10:54:06PM +0100, pcorreia@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
> > You can't load the library try using ldd (or on a Mac otool -l) to see
> > if it finds the library
> >
> > ~/dolfin/src/demo/pde/poisson$ ldd demo
> >
> > Make sure your library install path (such as /usr/local/lib) is in the
> > LD_LIBRARY_PATH environment variable.  Check out ~/dolfin/dolfin.conf to
> > see what it should be set to, I usually just put:
> >
> > source ${HOME}/dolfin/dolfin.conf
> >
> > in my .bash_profile file.
> >
> > Andy
>

> I'm almost there...
> Now when I run poisson's demo I get

>   | Applying Dirichlet boundary conditions                          |
>   |=================================================================| 100.0%
>   Using direct solver.
>   Solving linear system of size 1089 x 1089 (PETSc LU solver).
>   Ordering mesh entities...
> Plotting Function, press q to continue...
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "/tmp/fileLnrngL.py", line 7, in ?
>     exit(1)
> TypeError: 'str' object is not callable

This is a strange message. What happens is that DOLFIN can't find
Viper on your system and the Python plot script exits by calling

    exit(1)

For some strange reason, your Python believes that exit is a string.
(It is not for me.)

If you want to try the built-in plot, get Viper by

    hg clone http://www.fenics.org/hg/viper
    cd viper
    sudo python setup.py install

> Unable to plot (PyDOLFIN or Viper plotter not available).
> Saved function u (discrete function) to file poisson.pvd in VTK format.
>
> I tried to use gmv to visualize the VTK file but the answer was
> This is not a GMV input file...
>
> Now, what's the next step to visualize the solution? Should be Paraview?

Yes, try Paraview or MayaVi.

/Anders