Re: merge problem

On Fri, Jun 08, 2007 at 04:56:27PM +0100, pcorreia@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
> When running 'hg update' after 'hg pull' in dolfin dir I get
>
> \> hg update
> merging doc/manual/dolfin-user-manual.pdf
> diff3: subsidiary program `diff' failed
> automatic merge failed! Exiting.
> merge failed
> merging doc/manual/dolfin-user-manual.pdf failed!
> 34 files updated, 0 files merged, 0 files removed, 1 files unresolved
> There are unresolved merges with locally modified files.
>
> How to solve merge problem?
>
> /Paulo

Looks like something is wrong with your configuration of hg and/or
you may be missing diff.

If you make local changes to your DOLFIN repository and then pull,
you will need to merge and resolve conflicts. (Look in an hg manual
for that.)

If you just want to use DOLFIN, then don't touch it and it should be
enough to do hg pull followed by hg update (or make a separate that
you can touch).