Re: stokes plots

pcorreia@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
In the Stokes demo the velocity solution is written as a vtk file
velocity000000.vtu.
How can I plot each of the components say u and v (I use Paraview)? And
how to plot the vector field?
Assuming you've opened the file velocity.pvd in Paraview:

1. In order to plot the vector field, add a "glyph" from the filter menu and point it to the velocity vector (U) as the data source. You can change the glyph density, size, shape, etc. 2. In order to plot a scalar, such as a velocity component or a norm, I use the "calculator" filter. Click calculator, and you can refer to the components as U_0 and U_1. So if you wanted to plot the velocity norm, you'd "calculate" norm (U) and plot the result, and if you wanted to just plot a component, you'd just use U_0 or U_1.

Harish