Re: [Viper-dev] update display

On Thu, Jun 14, 2007 at 10:38:15AM +0200, Garth N. Wells wrote:
> Is it possible to update the viper plot window during a computation? For
> the unsteady advection-diffusion demo, it's necessary to press 'q' after
> each of the 40 time steps.
>
> Garth

Yes it can, but only from Python (using update()). The C++ plot()
function runs a Python script in each time step to plot the solution
so it is difficult to make this work with update().

It this is a problem, we can remove the plot in each time step in the
demo and just plot the final time solution.

To see how the update() function works, look in the Python plot demo
in DOLFIN.