Re: Problems compiling pydolfin 0.7.0-1

On Wed, Jun 27, 2007 at 09:19:01AM +0200, Kristian Oelgaard wrote:
> Quoting Martin Sandve Alnæs <martinal@xxxxxxxxx>:

> > > You'll need to touch dolfin.i in src/pydolfin.
> >
> > It worked.
> >
> > If it's not too much trouble, it would be more intuitive if that was
> > done automatically on a "make clean". And configure should preferably
> > pick up the wrong swig version (1.3.29) which didn't work.
>
> I'm using SWIG 1.3.28 and it works 'fine'.
> If I do
>
> touch src/pydolfin/dolfin.i
>
> and then
>
> make
>
> I get the following errors
>
>  Can't wrap 'dolfin::operator <<' unless renamed to a valid identifier.
> ./../src/kernel/la/dolfin/PETScMatrix.h:134: Warning(503): Can't wrap
> 'dolfin::operator <<' unless renamed to a valid identifier.
>
> etc.
>
> Then I just do
>
> make
>
> again and then it works.
>
> Kristian

Aha! But then it doesn't work fine.

What happens is that the first time, SWIG exits with an error (after
partially completing dolfin_wrap.cpp) and then make also exits with an
error. The next time you run make, make will see that dolfin_wrap.cpp
is up to date and won't run SWIG. So it looks like it worked but it
really didn't...

I think you need a newer SWIG.