Re: pydolfin undefined global name

> I've added the old module \elasticity-updated to the dolfin kernel,
> updating it to version 0.7.0 and compliling it according to the guide at
> the address http://www.fenics.org/wiki/Creating_a_DOLFIN_kernel_library;
> everything seems to compile now but when I run a program using the python
> interface I get the message:
>
> global name 'ElasticityUpdatedSolver' is not defined
>
> I've tried to make the minimum amount of modifications to the original
> module, hence I don't know where the error can come from. Thanks.
>
> Regards,
> Alessio Quaglino

Hi!

The file src/pydolfin/dolfin_headers.h (generated by
src/pydolfin/generate.py)  controls which headers are included in the
Python interface, so your headers are probably missing from there.

Note that much of the functionality of PyDOLFIN related to PDE solvers has
been removed, so it might not be a straightforward port of your old code
to 0.7. Some possible options for how to proceed are:

1. Write solvers using C++ only for now.
2. Work on enabling the missing PyDOLFIN functionality.
3. Use an older version of DOLFIN which still has the needed functionality.