Re: src/kernel/common/dolfin/{a,A}rray.h

Garth N. Wells wrote:
Anders Logg wrote:
Yes, we really need it (for the SWIG interface).

OK.

But since it is not visible in the interface we can name it anything we like (doesn't need to look nice). How about real_array?

Is it work making it a template? It could be useful when communicating real and integer arrays between processes with MPI. Or would this make it unsuitable for SWIG?

Garth

I think a template should be ok. We should only need to change the typemap (directorin) in typemaps.i.

Garth N. Wells wrote:

Garth N. Wells wrote:
Åsmund Ødegård wrote:
515>hg update
abort: case-folding collision between src/kernel/common/dolfin/Array.h
and src/kernel/common/dolfin/array.h

I don't see a file array.h, only Array.h

Garth

I see that it was introduced in the last changeset.

Do we really need array.h? It looks to me like one could easily make a mess of it. The only functionality it provides over a plain array is that it knows its length.

Garth

There are still computers out there that does not behave as they
should when files have names differing only in case. To be more
precise, to support OSX, either array.h or Array.h must be removed!

mvh,