Re: [HG DOLFIN] Make rank() and dim() virtual (overloadable by user).

Martin Sandve Alnæs wrote:
2007/9/17, Garth N. Wells <gnw20@xxxxxxxxx>:
Alessio Quaglino wrote:
Alessio Quaglino wrote:
With "the mesh remains constant" is meant that the vertices cannot move
or
that there should not be any connectivity change?

No connectivity changes.
I see that in

void Assembler::assemble(GenericTensor& A, const Form& form,
                         bool reset_tensor)
{
  assemble(A, form.form(), form.coefficients(), 0, 0, 0);
}

reset_tensor is not used. Is this wanted? The initGlobalTensor takes 90%
of my runtime (I think it wasn't like this before the last release).

That's exactly why it's there. If the matrix has already been
initialised, then there is not need to re-initialise. This will
typically be useful for nonlinear problems.

But reset_tensor isn't used here, it's an obvious bug.

This should be fixed now.

Also, the sparsity pattern is computed for any tensor type, whereas it's only required for matrices. Still need to fix this.