Re: Debian/Ubuntu Repositories

On 9/17/07, LUK ShunTim <shuntim.luk@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Kent-Andre Mardal wrote:
> > man, 17.09.2007 kl. 11.17 +0800, skrev LUK ShunTim:

> add -

> >> Thanks for make it apt-gettable. Please consider making syfi depends
> >> *explicitly* on python2.5 so that it can play nicely with debian. The
> >> default python version in debian (sid) is 2.4.
> >>
> >> Regards,
> >> ST
> >
> > Why should it depend explicitly on python2.5 ?
> >
> > Kent
> >

> Hello Kent,
>
> Maybe I did not explain it well.
>
> As it is, syfi cannot be installed on my debian (sid) with "apt-get
> install syfi". It would have an unmet dependency even if python2.5 is
> installed, because in debian/sid, the default python package is (still)
> python2.4. Making it (also) depends on python2.5 *explicitly* will solve
> this fail-to-install problem.
>
> As a matter of fact, will syfi work with python2.4, or even earlier?

The reason for this problem is probably that I tricked the build computer to
use python2.5 for some reason (probably to make the packages behave better
on Ubuntu). I have to look more carefully into this, maybe we have to make
separate packages for debian and ubuntu.

For now, I will se if I can generate packages of syfi that have python2.5 as
explicit dep.

--
[simula.research laboratory]
                 Åsmund Ødegård