Re: Debian/Ubuntu Repositories

Hi Lorenzo -

You should not be sorry, this kind of feedback is really helpful. I will
look into the situation and see what I can do. If I should guess here,
Debian and Ubuntu have grown so different that it is really not suitable to
maintain builds that work on both at the same time. I will put a bit more
effort into this, but it doesn't look good from what you show here.

The situation with umfpack is strange, though, as the packages was built on
a plain Debian etch computer. It will be helpful if you can show me the
output of the following commands:

apt-cache policy libumfpack4
apt-cache policy libdolfin
apt-cache policy libdolfin-dev