Re: Status of Dolfin Packages for Debian ( ?smund ?deg?rd )

Dear All,
Unfortunately I cannot run the demo yet.
When I try:
python demo.py

this is what I get:

$ python demo.py
Creating sub domain markers for boundary condition.
Solving linear PDE.
--- Instant: compiling ---
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "demo.py", line 47, in ?
    u = pde.solve()
  File "/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/dolfin/assemble.py", line 129, in solve
    A = assemble(self.a, self.mesh)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/dolfin/assemble.py", line 24,
in assemble
    (compiled_form, module, form_data) = jit(form)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/ffc/jit/jit.py", line 54, in jit
    create_extension(wrap_headers=[filename], module=module_name,
additional_declarations=ufc_include, include_dirs=path)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/instant.py", line 582, in
create_extension
    ext.create_extension(**args)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/instant.py", line 209, in
create_extension
    raise RuntimeError, "The extension module did not compile, check
%s/compile.log" % self.module
RuntimeError: The extension module did not compile, check
ffc_form_0_module/compile.log

and the ffc_form_0_module/compile.log reads as follows:

more ffc_form_0_module/compile.log
ffc_form_0_module.i:25: Error: Unable to find
'/home/aasmundo/deb/build/ufc-1.0/debian/ufc/usr/include/ufc.h'
running build_ext
building '_ffc_form_0_module' extension
creating build
creating build/temp.linux-i686-2.4
gcc -pthread -fno-strict-aliasing -DNDEBUG -g -O2 -Wall
-Wstrict-prototypes -fPIC -I-I.
-I/home/aasmundo/deb/build/ufc-1.0/debian
/ufc/usr/include -I/usr/include/python2.4 -c
ffc_form_0_module_wrap.cxx -o
build/temp.linux-i686-2.4/ffc_form_0_module_wrap.o
gcc: ffc_form_0_module_wrap.cxx: No such file or directory
gcc: no input files

I just understand that something is missing, but I do not have a real
understanding of what is going on. I think that, after the new
releases, these are the last glitches to iron out.
It is strange however that this cannot run on my Debian testing box.
Any suggestions?
Cheers

Lorenzo