Re: OS X and dolfin

On 10/31/07, Garth N. Wells <gnw20@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Gideon Simpson wrote:
> > not sure if this has been previously been addressed, but dolfin doesn't
> > seem to recognize that on os x machines, BLAS/LAPACK are typically
> > handled via a framework vecLib.  while you can add
> > LDFLAGS=-framework vecLib
> > but it still appends "-lblas" when linking, which causes errors.
> >

> We add '-lblas' to avoid a bug in the way the Debian ufsparse libraries
> are built. It's not a nice fix, but it isn't fun writing configure
> scripts dealing with all the bugs in various packages ;). I'll take a
> look today whether or not this has been fixed in the latest Debian
> packages.
>
> On a related issue, what the status of the new build system? I thought
> that it was almost ready a few months ago?

Ahemm... It is kind of embarrassing. The system was more or less finished
during this summer, although I implemented some more deps (petsc/slepsc)
later on.

What is lacking is building tests and demos, as well as integrating the
reorganization of files with hg. What I can say is that the system works
great - but only on my computer, so it is not very relevant to the list... I
am hiring more people in my sys.admin group these days, so hopefully I can
get more time for stuff like this soon.

The issue of vecLib is handled in my buildsystem as I mainly develop on
linux.

Garth