Re: Problem with Python during Configuration ./configure

First, the detection of Python on MacOSX have some issues, to put it
lightly..

Secondly, there are some ongoing work that hopefully will remedy the
situation. Hopefully not to far into the distant future..

On Nov 27, 2007 4:49 PM, Simone Marras <simone.marras@xxxxxx> wrote:

> [snip]

> 1)
> "checking for Python library path... find: /Library/Frameworks/
> Python.framework/Versions/2.5/lib/python/config/: No such file or
> directory
> find: /Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.5/lib/python/:
> No such file or directory

configure: error: cannot find Python library path"

Strange location, what kind of OSX and Python are you using? I guess the
reason here is that the Python you are using does not have distutils
included.

> 2)
>        export
> PYTHON=~/Documents/myapps/visit/1.6/darwin-ppc/lib/python/lib/
> python2.5/
>
> but still obtaining an error (different from before):
>
> "checking whether /Users/simone/Documents/myapps/visit/1.6/darwin-ppc/
> lib/python/lib/python2.5/ version >= 2.3... configure: error: too old"

If I read the configure script right, you are supposed to put in a path to
an actual python binary for the PYTHON variable, you seems to put just a
path. The configure script try to run $PYTHON which does not work here.
Maybe you need:

export PYTHON=~/Documents/myapps/visit/1.6/darwin-ppc/bin/python2.5
or something like that?

--
[simula.research laboratory]
                Åsmund Ødegård