Re: Broadcast/receive

Anders Logg wrote:
On Mon, Dec 03, 2007 at 11:15:35AM +0000, Garth N. Wells wrote:

Anders Logg wrote:
I worked some on the logic for broadcast/receive. Take a look at the
constuctor of UnitSquare. It has two lines (now commented out)
that take care of broadcast/receive:

  if (MPIManager::receive()) { receive(); return; }

  [code for creating UnitSquare goes here]

  if (MPIManager::broadcast()) { broadcast(); }

Looks good. Is there a reason why this is commented out in UnitSquare.cpp?

Garth

Yes, it didn't seem to do anything sensible for me on my laptop (my
MPI install/configuration looks broken). I think it looks ok, so if it
works for you, just uncomment.

I just uncommented it and added something similar to Mesh::partition. It compiles OK, but I haven't tested it yet.

Both of the MPI packages with Ubuntu 7.10 are broken. I grabbed Open MPI (http://www.open-mpi.org/) and it works fine.