Re: Feature request for Assembler in PyDolfin

Martin Sandve Alnæs wrote:
2007/12/12, Garth N. Wells <gnw20@xxxxxxxxx>:
Martin Sandve Alnæs wrote:
Simply duplicating the following signatures from Assembler with
ufc::form instead of Form in PyDolfin would be nice:

        assemble(self, Form form) -> real

        assemble(self, Form form, SubDomain sub_domain) -> real

        assemble(self, Form form,
            dolfin::MeshFunction<(dolfin::uint)> cell_domains,
            dolfin::MeshFunction<(dolfin::uint)> exterior_facet_domains,
            dolfin::MeshFunction<(dolfin::uint)> interior_facet_domains) -> real

        assemble(self, GenericTensor A, Form form, bool reset_tensor=True)

        assemble(self, GenericTensor A, Form form, SubDomain
sub_domain, bool reset_tensor=True)

Sure. I'll add it soon.

It won't be able to do this as soon as I expected, so feel free to make the changes and I can commit them to the repository.

I'll also need to send a DofMap since a Form now has a DofMap.

Garth

Ok, but is that really necessary? Can't the Assembler simply make a
DofMap from the ufc::dof_map, and cache it in the DofMapSet using the
dof_map::signature()?

We don't want the Assembler creating dof maps, otherwise it's difficult to keep track of who is using which DofMap, especially if the DofMap changes. We have an interface now in which

a) A dolfin::Form carries a DofMapSet; or
b) the form is defined by ufc::form and a DofMapSet is provided.

Garth

I'll consider making SyFi generate dolfin::Form subclasses too.

--
Martin