Re: BC question

Related question for both incompressible flow and elasticity problems. Suppose I have a plane of symmetry that will allow me to reduce my computational domain. If

\sigma_ij

is the relevant stress tensor, then I will have that

t^k_i \sigma_ij n_j = 0

where t^k is the k-th tangential vector of the local geometry. Physically, this is vanishing shear stress. This is in addition to the condition

u_i n_i = 0

for no normal flow (the slip condition).

Any thoughts on implementing the vanishing shear stress condition?

-gideon