Re: [FFC-dev] Plans for release

On Tue, Jan 15, 2008 at 04:50:47PM +0100, Johan Jansson wrote:
> Hi!
>
> Unicorn has now been updated against the DOLFIN 0.7.1 interface and I'm
> planning to start updating for release. The plan is to have a
> synchronized release of FFC/DOLFIN/Unicorn to guarantee compatibility of
> the releases. Are there any objections for a release of DOLFIN and FFC
> in the next couple of days? I expect only minor issues to resolve during
> the synchronization, but there might be recent developments I've missed,
> so any comments are welcome.
>
> The Unicorn repository is here:
>
> http://www.fenics.org/hg/unicorn
>
> The project page is here:
>
> http://www.fenics.org/wiki/Unicorn

>   Johan

There are quite a few things to fix in both FFC and DOLFIN before a
release.

FFC:

1. Use FooTransformedSpace in FIAT to get correct function spaces on
UFC reference element. This also requires making a new release of
FIAT.

2. A few fixes are needed for the JIT compiler.

3. Get BDM, RT, BDFM, Nedelec working when using FIAT transformed
spaces.

4. Maybe some fixes for quadrature elements. Kristian?

DOLFIN:

1. Computation of parallel dof map.

2. Get parallel assembly working.

3. Finish the implementation of linear algebra factories (still some
problems with circular dependencies).

4. Move to new scons-based build system.

I think a best-case scenario is we can have these fixed by the end of
January, possibly 1-2 weeks later. Maybe the scons-based build system
can wait if it takes time to finish.