Re: DOLFIN-Matlab integration via MEX

Anders Logg wrote:
On Mon, Jan 28, 2008 at 10:46:58AM +0100, Dag Lindbo wrote:
Hello all!

(I used DOLFIN until a year ago and now I am happy to be using it again!)

DOLFIN (C++) can be successfully integrated with Matlab via the MEX interface. I rearranged the Poisson demo and wrote a mex-wrapper around it so that the Poisson solver can be called as a regular Matlab function. This integration is quite convenient IMHO and I would be happy to share this little demo if someone is interested in how this is done.

Interesting. Feel free to add code and/or instructions on the
wiki. Make a new page and then add a link from the DOLFIN page
somewhere at the bottom.

Ok!

Anyway, there was a tricky loading error due to missing symbols in libxml2. This turned out to be caused by the reference libxml2 makes to libz. The strange thing was that Matlab loads its internal version of libz (found in <matlab>/bin/<arch>/) which apparently is older and incompatible with current xml2. I just removed libz from Matlab so it loads the system-wide one instead.

/Dag Lindbo, KTH

ok, don't know what to do about this.

It is of course an issue with Matlab, but since it is was the only complication with compiling the MEX-files I thought I might make a note of it.

/Dag