Re: dolfin-convert

Ola Skavhaug wrote:
Hi,

we're about to use DOLFIN with another (propriatory) system, and therefore
need to convert meshes to and from different formats. To accomodate this, we
have generalized the dolfin-convert script, adding a consept of a polymorphic
data handler that could either write DOLFIN's xml mesh files, or through
subclassing, write to other mesh formats. As a matter of fact, we can
implement a writer constructing a DOLFIN mesh on the fly, without going
through the file system.

If this is of any use to the DOLFIN community, we'll be happy to share it.

Ola
I would love to get this code. Everytime I sit down work on a problem with someone else I get to write a converter between the different formats. It seems that it should be called mesh_convert and dolfin_convert just be a wrapper script.
-- ART

--

Andy Terrel

Men are equal; it is not birth but virtue that makes the difference.
                                           -Voltaire