Coupled Differential equations

Dear Dolfin Users:
I am interested to find out the most efficient way to
implement solution of coupled differential equations in Dolfin:

   Class I: a partial differential equation (PDE) coupled with
       an ordinary differential equation.

   Class II: A PDE coupled with one or more PDEs

For instance, a wave equation when cast in the state space form, may
belong to Class I. I understand that wave equation has already been
solved using Dolfin. But I am unable to find any documentation in this
regards.
Typically, what will be the "*.form" file associated with the wave
equation?
Can anyone point me to the right place to find such docs?
Thanks in advance.
Hatef

Follow ups