Re: Plans

On Mon, Feb 18, 2008 at 02:33:40PM +0000, Garth N. Wells wrote:
> This is good juncture at which re-focus on important goals for a
> hopefully not too distant next release. Three priorities that I see are:
>
> - New build system.

I think Johannes (http://simula.no/portal_memberdata/johannr) has
started looking at this. Åsmund has done quite a bit of work on this
but has been preoccupied with keeping our servers running at Simula
lately... :-)

> - Improved support for parallel assembly and solve. The class Function
> will probably need the most work. Good goals would be to get Poisson and
> elasticity demos running in parallel.
>
> - Testing of QuadratureFunction and adding corresponding demos.
>
> Another point is to add Trilinos as a supported linear algebra back end.
> How does this tie up with closer links to PyCC?

I think this is pretty close. PyCC already has this running (using the
GenericFoo linear algebra classes from DOLFIN). Ola can probably say a
few words about when we can expect to move this code over to DOLFIN.