Re: IntersectionDetector fails to locate cell

Anders Logg wrote:
On Tue, Feb 26, 2008 at 01:53:18PM +0100, Kristian Oelgaard wrote:
Quoting cosby@xxxxxxxxx:

Hi all

I have experienced some problems with the IntersectionDetector, which
for a 3D mesh fails to locate cells that contain a given point when
calling the overlap function:
IntersectionDetector I;
I.overlap(point,array)

I have generated my 3D mesh with gmsh.
Could this have anything to do with the ordering of the vertices
in the tetrahedra ?
Maybe, don't know how overlap() works, but try to call mesh.order() after

Kristian

Could the problem be that the intersection detector assumes that the
cells are oriented in a particular way? (The ordering that DOLFIN uses
means in particular that you can't assume anything about orientation.)

Hhmm, I copied the IntersectionDetector from 0.7.2 to 0.7.1 which
I am presently using and that seemed to sort out part of my trouble.

Kristen