python configuration on OS X 10.5

On OS X 10.5.x, Apple has a Python 2.5 distribution installed in / System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/

I've noticed that the dolfin (and syfi) configuration scripts have trouble finding the python library path. I have been able to rectify this on my own machine by making the following edit to the configure script:

change:
(21848) python_path=`find $i -type f -name libpython$PYTHON_VERSION.* - print | sed "1q"`
to:
(21848) python_path=`find $i -name libpython$PYTHON_VERSION.* -print | sed "1q"`

not sure if this is an OS X unix thing, or something with the way apple has the python installed.

-gideon

Follow ups