Re: SCOTCH test

Anders Logg wrote:
On Tue, Mar 11, 2008 at 02:17:43PM +0100, Anders Logg wrote:
Do we need to include common.h in the test for SCOTCH?
I did not install this file on my system since it's not
needed (we only use scotch.h). This means that the test
for SCOTCH fails for me.

SCOTCH does not have a proper way to install things as far as I know
so one needs to copy files manually to $prefix/include and then
we shoudn't require that users copy a file that's not needed (and
should be named something else...).

After installing common.h in /usr/local/include, I get the following
error:

  File "scotch.py", line 146, in pkgTests
    scotch_h_file = open("%s/include/scotch.h" % scotch_dir, 'r')
IOError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory:
'/usr/local/scotch/include/scotch.h'

My scotch.h is in /usr/local/include, not in /usr/local/scotch/include/.

To add to this, the SCOTH files are not found even if they are under /usr/local. I need to set SCOCTH_DIR=/usr/local.