Re: pkg-config files

johannr@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
On Mon, Mar 17, 2008 Garth N. Wells wrote:

johannr@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
On Mon, Mar 17, 2008 Garth N. Wells wrote:
Where can I find the pkg-config files that are generated during the
build process, e.g. numpy.pc?
They are located under the scons/pkgconfig subfolder. When installing
DOLFIN, they will be copied to $prefix/lib/pkgconfig (unless pkgConfDir
is
given).

I need these to use

   pkg-config dolfin
The dolfin.pc file is located under the dolfin subfolder. To use

    pkg-config dolfin

you should first do

    scons install prefix=<somewhere>

I'm seeing some strange behaviour when PETSc is enabled. Only the
dolfin.pc file is being installed correctly when I do

   scons install prefix=<somewhere>

A directory called '$prefix$ is begin created, which I guess shouldn't
be there.

Fixed!

When just doing 'scons', the directory scons/pkgconfig is empty.

Is any pkg-config files generated when you type 'scons' or do you get only
output like this:

Checking for numpy-1... yes
Checking for scotch... yes
Checking for ufc-1... yes

In the latter case, you have probably already installed the pkg-config
files and updated the PKG_CONFIG_PATH variable. Hence, no pkg-config files
are generated or installed.

Yes, this is the problem I had.

On a side note, when compiling with PETSc, g++ is being used instead of mpicxx. Shouldn't it be mpicxx if that's what PETsc used?

Garth

When using enablePetsc=no, things look ok (except for there still being
a directory $prefix).

Just manually remove the $prefix folder and try again.

Johannes