Re: Plot problem

On Mon, Mar 17, 2008 at 05:18:03PM +0000, Garth N. Wells wrote:
> I'm having a tough time getting the demos to work again :(.
>
> Disabling PETSc, I can plot using pyDOLFIN, but running a cpp demo (like
> poisson) I get
>
> *** glibc detected *** python: free(): invalid next size (fast):
> 0x084667f0 ***
>
> when the demo tries to plot. Any ideas?

Same here:

*** glibc detected *** python: free(): invalid next size (fast):
0x084fdbf8 ***

If you write

  ls -lrt /tmp/*.py

you'll see the Python script that is run when calling plot() from C++.

Here's what it looks like:

  from dolfin import *

  object = Function("/tmp/filepjlanT.xml")
  plot(object)

Running just this script reproduces the error one gets when running
the Poisson demo. From the trace it looks like something goes wrong in
DiscreteFunction::interpolate() when DOLFIN is compiled with PETSc.

I looked at it briefly but couldn't figure it out.

> Also, what's the plan with PETSc? Will '-Wl,-rpath' be added when
> creating the library? Because it not there now and because I don't want
> to add the PETSc directory to LD_CONFIFG, at the moment I can't run any
> of the demos when using PETSc.

Same here.