Re: ProjectionLibrary compile problem

Ola Skavhaug wrote:
I'm just barely able to compile dolfin on my computer
due to memory requirements during compilation of ProjectionLibrary. Almost 60%
of my memory was in use at peak. The consequence is that I cannot use scons
-j4 (or similar) to speed up compilation.
$ cat /proc/meminfo  | grep MemTotal
MemTotal:      2063108 kB

Is this something we really want?

I also noticed a big slow down in compilation.

I don't think we need ProjectionLibrary. A user can create the files they need using FFC. We discussed some time ago also removing ElementLibrary because user could create their own elements, but kept it so that Functions could be read from file. This reasoning doesn't hold for projections.

Garth

Ola