Re: Some more Scons feedback

johannr@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
On Wed, March 19, 2008 Dag Lindbo wrote:
Hello again,

By default, NDEBUG should be defined (otherwise uBLAS becomes useless
even for very small problems). That is,

# Default CXX and FORTRAN flags
env["CXXFLAGS"] = "-Wall -pipe -ansi -DNDEBUG"

This is probably not the best place to add this flag. It is perhaps better
to add it when enableOptimize=1 is given. For now, you can use the option
customCxxFlags to add the -DNDEBUG flag, i.e.

    scons customCxxFlags="-DNDEBUG"

Well, I still don't think it makes sense to relate -DNDEBUG with enableOptimize. One should use enableDebugUblas if NDEBUG is _not_ wanted. In my SConstruct I have

if not env["enableDebugUblas"]:
  env.Append(CXXFLAGS=" -DNDEBUG")

Another concern: Did it find UMFPACK or not when it says:
Checking for numpy-1... yes
Checking for ufc-1... yes
Checking for umfpack... yes
Checking for python-2... yes
Checking for gts... yes
Checking for boost... yes
Checking for libxml-2.0... yes
Found optional package: gts
Unable to find optional package: petsc
Unable to find optional package: slepc
Unable to find optional package: scotch
Unable to find optional package: umfpack

Well, it did find a pkg-config file for UMFPACK, however, it failed when
resolving compiler or module dependencies. What does your umfpack.pc look
like? Does it specify a compiler? That could probably be the issue here.

(I get some 'new' linking issues when building the demos: cannot find
libumfpack)

Can you show us the contents of scons/simula_scons.log?

2008-03-20 09:00:25.063925
Using simula_scons from: /NOBACKUP/dag/fenics/tip/dolfin/scons/simula-scons/simula_scons/__init__.pyc
resolveCompiler: No pkg-config generator for package 'ufc-1'. Assuming Ok.
resolveCompiler: Some tests failed for package 'umfpack'. Discarding package. resolveCompiler: Unable to compile some UMFPACK tests, using '/usr/include/umfpack' as location for UMFPACK includes.
Error message:
umfpack_config_test_include.cpp:3:21: error: umfpack.h: No such file or directory
resolveCompiler: No pkg-config generator for package 'gts'. Assuming Ok.
resolveCompiler: No pkg-config generator for package 'libxml-2.0'. Assuming Ok.

/Dag